What is a Healthy Meal Plan?
A healthy meal plan is a great way to keep track of what you’re eating through each day. It’ll also help you to create great tasting meals with the right amount of nutrients and vitamins.
You can make up your own meal plan, or there is an endless supply of meal plans out there for you to follow: high protein meal plans, low fat meal plans, high fibre meal plans, vegetarian and vegan meal plans, to name just a few. With all these options, it’s important that you decide exactly what your healthy meal plan should look like. When you know what kind of plan you want to follow, you’ll be able to define the meals you need to cook.
Why Should You Add Tenderstem® to Your Meal Plans?
One of the easiest ways to make your meals healthier is to add a few more vegetables to your food. And Tenderstem® broccoli is one of the best vegetables you can add. Here's just a few of the nutrients you'll be getting from eating Tenderstem® broccoli:
- High in Fibre - 10.6g/100kcal makes Tenderstem® a great source of fibre
- High in Vitamin A - contributing to the normal function of the immune system and many more benefits
- High in Vitamin C - contributing to the normal functioning of the nervous system among many more benefits
- High in Folate - contributing to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue as well as the normal functioning of the immune system with many more benefits
- Potassium - 358mg/100g means a portion of Tenderstem® contains 17.9% of NRV
For a full breakdown of vitamin and nutrient benefits, visit the NHS website. Or, click here for a full break down of nutrition in Tenderstem® broccoli.
You Can Cook Tenderstem® in Many Different Ways
You can make a big difference to flavour just by cooking your vegetables differently before adding them to your meals. This won’t work for every vegetable, but Tenderstem® broccoli is a great example of a versatile veg that can be cooked in many different ways, resulting in hugely different flavours.
- Roast Tenderstem® Broccoli for 12-15 Minutes - Perfect for bringing out all of the super flavours of your Tenderstem® broccoli
- Boil or blanch Tenderstem® Broccoli for 3-4 Minutes - Perfect for warming through and softening the stems ever so slightly
- Griddle or BBQ Tenderstem® Broccoli for 8-10 Minutes - Perfect for getting that slightly charred texture from a griddle pan
- Steam Tenderstem® Broccoli for 3-4 Minutes - Perfect for warming through the Tenderstem® without losing any of the crunch
Tenderstem® broccoli is delicious and filling with a satisfying crunchy texture whichever way you cook it. You can add it to all sorts of meals, whether that’s a quick lunch or a slow cooked curry.
How to Plan a Healthy Meal Plan
Meal plans shouldn’t be daunting. Even if you’re working from home, the idea that you’ll walk into your kitchen inspired to cook up something from scratch every day just might not be achievable.
Instead, you should always have a few easy to cook healthy meals that you can turn to. Something like a one pot pasta dish or a spicy stir fry that you can throw together in a matter of minutes.
Having said that, it's also a great idea to add in new recipes that you've never tried before. Let's take a look at some of our favourite recipes for some healthy meal inspiration.
Healthy Recipes with Tenderstem® Broccoli
Here’s a few recipes to inspire your meal plan throughout the day, some easy and some a bit more inspirational.